Exploring the New Chat Capture Feature for Cellebrite Responder and UFED
Special Guest: Tarin Waizman – Product Business Manager at Cellebrite
In this episode, we are joined by Tarin Waizman, Product Business Manager at Cellebrite. Tarin will be talking about the new “Chat Capture” feature, how it works, and new features that have recently been added. We would also love to hear feedback from Chat Capture users with ideas on how to improve the features or the general support Cellebrite is offering.
Chat capture is a new extraction method for Cellebrite UFED and Cellebrite Responder, which allows you to leverage an automatic screenshot framework to capture chat data and any other third-party application data in a very selective manner.
Why Chat Capture?
In a case where full file system or physical data collection is unavailable, Chat Capture offers an automated method to collect and search unsupported apps.
Chat capture is a complementary method to consider when other methods fail.
Benefits of Chat Capture
- What you see is what you get — everything seen on the device can be acquired, whether it be a social network feed or a call log.
- Generic for Androids – works for Android version 5 and up
- Ability to be selective about what is captured – multiple filters are available that help you get the information you are searching for
- Easy to operate – Simple and straightforward
- Searchable – Easy to search and find exactly what you need, something that is much more useful than some other screenshot options that were available in the past.
Listen to the full episode to learn more about Chat Capture, its capabilities, how it works, and to hear some frequently-asked questions.