How to Decode iOS Data Collections, Utilize Pathfinder and Discover Future Trends
Due to popular demand, our in-house experts at Cellebrite have organized a special “Ask the Experts – Decode iOS Extractions, Utilize Cellebrite Pathfinder and Discover Future Trends” webinar where new features are presented, future trends explored, and pressing questions answered. You will understand how Cellebrite is empowering you to stay on top of iOS and Android changes.
The “Ask the Experts” webinar will explore the following 4 areas:
- Decoding iOS Data Collections Using the Cellebrite Physical Analyzer
- Leveraging the Full Potential of Digital Data with Cellebrite Pathfinder
- The Future of Data Collection and Decoding for iOS 11.4.1 and Beyond
- Expert Panel Q&A
1. Decoding iOS Data Collections Using Cellebrite Physical Analyzer
Presented by Cellebrite Experts:
Keren Carmeli, Senior Product Manager, Cellebrite Physical Analyzer
and Mati Goldberg, Research Group Manager, R&D Forensic
In this part of the webinar, you will understand the 3 main benefits of performing a full-file-system extraction, instead of the logical file system or even the advanced logical extraction.
Learn how to decode data quickly and comprehensively using the Cellebrite Physical Analyzer which provides you with several advanced decoding and examination capabilities for iOS data, including two generic tools that allow you to get more data from any unsupported apps.
2. Leveraging the Full Potential of Digital Data with Cellebrite Pathfinder
Presented by Cellebrite Expert: Ben Armon, Senior Product Manager, Digital Analytics
In this section, you will find out if you are leveraging the full potential of your digital data in terms of identifying communication patterns, social circles, or where someone has been.
We will explore the possibility of digital data that surfaces answers to initial investigation questions, instead of just trying to digitally support answers that have been arrived at outside of the digital arena.
The following state-of-the-art Cellebrite Pathfinder features will be viewed and explained:
Link Analysis – identifies who is talking to whom and what are the hierarchies of personal engagement. All this is determined from mobile devices and other digital sources to establish how the information correlates. This goes beyond personal identifiers to perform person resolution with visualizations.
Mutual locations – finds leads, suspects, or victims located at the same place and time.
Image and Video Media Analysis – uses neural network machine learning to identify objects within media files. So instead of searching file-by-file, the system will locate, highlight, and organize media into 12 preset categories like drugs, weapons, child exploitation, and more.
Text Analytic Capabilities – highlights key terms within text to reduce linear time-wasting searches through thousands of conversations showing you if people talk about persons, locations, or organizations – minimizing review time to let you focus on other aspects of the case.
Party Filter – lets you select a specific time frame in order to display all the top people that a person contacted to show an instant list of potential suspects.
3. The Future of Data Collection and Decoding for iOS 11.4.1 and Beyond
Presented by Cellebrite Experts: Shahar Tal, VP of Research, Cellebrite Security Research Labs and Dan Embury, Technical Director, Advanced Services
We will explore what the USB Restricted Mode is, and how it affects iOS data collection, as well as, speculate regarding whether Apple will remove the USB port altogether in favor of wireless synchronization and/or wireless charging.
With iOS 12 coming in September, we anticipate a lot of updates and changes that promise to present new challenges to the digital intelligence community.
We discuss what has happened behind the scenes in iOS version 11.4, where Apple changed a lot in the internal encryption that affected layers not typically transparent to examiners.
Also, as the digital intelligence community becomes more concerned about smartphone users setting complex custom alphanumeric passcodes, we explore the solution of smarter dictionaries to counter this challenge.
4. Expert Panel Q&A
And last but not least, watch the webinar to get answers to popular questions, including the following:
- What is the best method to use when performing data collection of an unlocked device using Cellebrite UFED technology should the Cellebrite UFED Touch2, Cellebrite UFED 4PC, or Cellebrite Physical Analyzer be used to extract the information?
- How to recover deleted SMS messages and other deleted data from iOS devices?
- What would be the best way to leverage Cellebrite Pathfinder to determine the cause of death that lead to the homicide investigation?
- Will Cellebrite UFED ever include the capability to allow access and data collection of iOS devices of older models like iOS 7 and iOS 8?
- Will ADB physical extraction for Android devices, after the November 2016 security patch, be available?
Access the webinar – Ask the Experts – Decode iOS Data Collections, Utilize Pathfinder and Discover Future Trends – to get actionable insights and take your digital investigations to the next level.