iLEAPP and ALEAPP – Alexis Brignoni, Special Agent at FBI
Special Guest: Alexis Brignoni, FBI Special Agent
In this episode, we are joined by Alexis Brignoni, special agent at the FBI. Alexis has developed a few open-source tools for the DFIR community that can quickly triage both iOS and Android data collection. He will cover iLEAPP and ALEAPP in this session.
The main purposes and benefits of iLEAPP and ALEAPP tools include:
- Assisting investigators with the parsing of artifacts when vendor tools are out of reach
- Being part of open source/free mobile forensics toolset
- Serving as a triage tool for well-sourced forensic labs and examiners
- Providing an independent testing and validation tool/framework
- Creating a parsing platform for newly discovered artifacts.
Listen to the full episode to learn more about these new tools and to see demos with real-life examples of how they are used.