Cellebrite Delivers Major Enhancements to Analytics Product Family to Make Digital Evidence More Actionable for Investigators and Prosecutors
Investigative teams can identify relevant evidence more easily and tell a holistic story more efficiently with an enhanced user interface and new customizable investigator reporting in Cellebrite Analytics.
Petah Tikvah, IL –March 7, 2018 – Cellebrite, the leading provider of digital intelligence solutions, today announced key usability enhancements designed to help investigators and prosecutors solve crimes faster. With key interface upgrades, investigative teams can capture, organize and produce case reports in an easily understandable format that can be shared with peers or effectively presented in court. An advanced catalog of data and powerful analytics capabilities help investigative teams of all sizes rapidly discover digital evidence in cases.
Cellebrite Analytics allows investigators and prosecutors with all levels of technical skill to quickly surface more insights from text and media artifacts via:
- Image Similarity: innovative machine learning algorithms automatically detect and pinpoint images that contain similar items such as faces, objects, symbols and themes. By simply uploading or selecting an image, the system immediately identifies only the relevant media items saving precious investigative cycles.
- Expanded language search capabilities including enhanced Arabic OCR and key-word search capabilities that immediately identify any text and image artifacts that contain Arabic textual elements.
Investigators can now develop profiles, and examine suspects and victims in a thorough, streamlined approach by leveraging new capabilities such as:
- Device Owner Color Indication: improve the visual understanding of all digital evidence and quickly differentiate between device owners by assigning a unique color identifier to each owner. This simple yet powerful capability is extremely useful when viewing data in any of the contextual views (List, Graph, Map) from multiple owners in one single view.
- Enhanced Person View: identify people faster and generate a comprehensive digital profile by automatically unifying all digital identifiers (i.e., phone numbers, email addresses, aliases and user accounts) into one contact card. Agents can quickly sort, filter and visualize information on people of interest from one or multiple cases.
“The latest advancements to Cellebrite Analytics open up powerful technology in more accessible ways, so that investigative team members of all levels can tackle and leverage mass amounts of digital evidence,” said Ron Serber, Global Co-CEO, Cellebrite. “With a more intuitive interface, this update brings more power to prosecutors who will be able to leverage this evidence earlier on in the investigative process and efficiently tackle growing threats of crime types like homicide, terrorism, gangs and child exploitation.”
Cellebrite introduces advanced machine learning technology to analytics solution to accelerate evidence discovery
New automated digital media detection and categorization plus computer forensic data ingestion capabilities, integrates and analyses critical digital evidence sources including social media, cloud, computer, mobile and cellular operator data into a single view to expedite evidence analysis
Petah Tikvah, IL – Aug 7, 2017 – Cellebrite, the leading provider of digital intelligence solutions, today announced groundbreaking enhancements to its Analytics offerings designed to detect and analyze digital media evidence faster using a series of machine learning algorithms. This latest advancement in digital evidence analysis provides law enforcement professionals with cutting edge neural network-based algorithms that automatically identify and categorize previously known and unknown images and video clips. Access to advanced analytic tools for text, video, and images optimizes investigative resources by eliminating manual analysis of large volumes of media artifacts and helps to reduce the psychological stress of reviewing sensitive material typically involved in criminal cases. “Digital evidence from mobile phones, social media accounts, and computers can carry hundreds of data artifacts that include image and video meta data and classification, which can make manual evidence analysis even more complex and time consuming,” said Patrick Krieg, Detective Sergeant-Criminal Investigation Division Dunwoody Police Department. “Using intelligence obtained in merely hours from Cellebrite Analytics allowed my investigative unit to pursue leads that may have otherwise took weeks or months to locate. The depth of this tool and its ability to cross-reference and identify significant target correlations is unprecedented. I found that this analytic tool finally offered a viable solution to the massive amount of information obtained through cellular extractions and applying that information to a usable and presentable format.” This new release of Cellebrite’s UFED Analytics Platform provides powerful options for correlating, viewing and exploring files from various computer, social media, cloud, mobile, cellular operator records and other digital data sources in a centralized view, with managed access for multiple users, providing real digital intelligence and collaboration for investigative teams. Key updates to the platform include:
- Automated Image Matching and Categorization: This first-of-its-kind capability automatically categorizes images and individual video frames to eliminate manual review of duplicative evidence and correlate unknown images as well as identify unique media so investigative teams can focus on the data of interest. State-of-the-art algorithms have been deployed to automatically detect objects such as weapons and drugs within media. The system also detects and categorizes child pornography, adult content, documents and screen shots resulting in accelerated access to investigation relevant media.
- Face Recognition and Matching: The unique algorithms used for automatic detection of faces within any picture or video available to the system, allow investigators to quickly and accurately cross-match individual faces in media.
- Computer Data Ingestion: Computer data extractions can now be ingested as an additional data source within Cellebrite Analytics so when processed in concert with data from social, cloud, mobile, and mobile operator sources, it provides investigators with a holistic view of accumulated evidence.
- Integration with External Data Sources: Integration with Project VIC, CAID and other defined hash value databases reduce the psychological stress of reviewing sensitive material. Existence of known incriminating images are automatically identified by matching image hash values and then classified using pre-defined categories. Unmatched images that are discovered can also be categorized and exported so they can be immediately shared with law enforcement forces worldwide.
The powerful machine learning elements in Cellebrite Analytics will accelerate time to evidence in a variety of investigations, including child exploitation, narcotics, gangs, human trafficking, counter-terrorism and many more. This new release also integrates with other Cellebrite offerings including the new edition of its UFED Cloud Analyzer – with a robust toolbox of investigative capabilities, investigators can analyze public domain social media data with private cloud or social media data pursuant to a warrant, as well as mobile device, computer and telecom operator data to immediately identify evidence that is critical to an investigation. “Every day, investigators face the daunting challenge of working with growing volumes of digital evidence that has, until now, required manual, painstaking review and analysis,” said Yossi Carmil, Global Co-CEO, Cellebrite. “Using our purpose-built analytical engines, investigators can automatically organize, analyze, cross-reference all data sources enabling them to focus their efforts on the most relevant evidence—a process that creates a detailed, big picture view while providing immediate context to help focus and accelerate investigations.” To learn more, visit us online at www.cellebrite.com. Cellebrite: Digital Intelligence for a Safer World Digital data plays an increasingly important role in investigations and operations of all kinds. Making data accessible, collaborative and actionable is what Cellebrite does best. As the global leader in digital intelligence with more than 60,000 licenses deployed in 150 countries, we provide law enforcement, military, intelligence, and enterprise customers with the most complete, industry-proven range of solutions for digital forensics, triage and analytics. By enabling access, sharing and analysis of digital data from mobile devices, social media, cloud, computer, cellular operators and other sources, Cellebrite products, solutions, services and training help customers build the strongest cases quickly, even in the most complex situations. As a result, Cellebrite is the preferred one-stop shop for digital intelligence solutions that make a safer world more possible every day. Cellebrite is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Sun Corporation, a listed Japanese company (6736/JQ)