How To Load the App Categorization Database into Cellebrite UFED
To properly load the application categorization database into Cellebrite UFED, follow these steps:
- Go to the settings. Under “System” there will be an option to load a database for app categorization.
- Navigate to My Cellebrite and search for “UFED 4PC”
- Under Downloads, there is an add-on called “App Categorization”. Click download.
- Extract the zip file when the download is complete.
- Once the database has been extracted, load it into UFED. This will override the existing file.
Complete this process to ensure that you have the app categorization option when collecting data from devices with Cellebrite UFED.