How to Update UFED to Ensure You Get the Most from Your Data Collection
When updating Cellebrite UFED, it is important to ensure that everything is properly installed to get the most out of your data collection. In order to do so, complete the following steps:
- Go to MyCellebrite and under “Products and Licenses,” you can see the different versions of UFED and read the release notes.
- Under “Add-Ons,” download whichever tools you need to update; UFED App Categorization Database, Permission Manager, APK downgrade pack, or other.
- Navigate to “Settings” on UFED, switch to “System” where it will explain how to update and list the date of the last update.
- Navigate out to your directory of interest and extract the file.
- Navigate out to your downloads directory, select the database, override the existing file, and import.
Once you save the changes, you’re ready to begin your data collection.